This is a fun, competitive card game for small groups of 3 or more players to review the most common mistakes made typically by Spanish speakers of English, whilst encouraging teamwork and peer correction.
- The objective of the game is to collect the most cards by correcting the sentences written on the cards.
32 printable cards
How to play:
- Print and cut out the cards, one set per group of 3 or 4.
- Place all cards face down on the table.
- The first player draws the top card of the pile and reads the incorrect sentence out loud. The remaining players listen to the sentence and try to identify the mistake. The first player to raise their hand and read the sentence correctly keeps the card. If they are wrong, the opportunity to win the card goes to the second player who put their hand up, and then the third. If none of the players identify the mistake, the card is placed at the bottom of the pile.
- Play continues in a circle going left.
- The winner is the player with the most cards at the end of the game.